Friday, July 27, 2012

Squeamish Alert

If you have arachnophobia you might want to back away slowly right now.


A guy in Omaha, Nebraska named Dylan Baumann, who lives in a small studio apartment, came home one day to find 40 spiders "crawling across my walls, crawling along my floorboards, and crawling by my foot."  And these weren't your simple little Daddy Long Legs kind of spiders.  Nosiree...these were venomous Brown Recluse spiders.



OK, now if that wasn't creepy enough for the spider averse, here's how the guy deals with his new house guests:

"It's mainly just learning to cope with them.  Pushing your bed away from the wall, pulling out your bed skirt, making sure nothing is touching walls, shaking off your clothes before you put them on, after you get out of the shower, shake out your towel, knock out your shoes at night.  It's just kind of learning to not get bit."

I don't have arachnophobia.  Big, small, they normally just don't bother me, but my IQ did make it into double digits.  Listen to me Dylan....these are BROWN RECLUSE spiders!   They're like the rattlesnakes or the great white sharks or the Nancy Pelosi's of Phylum Arthropodia.  ABANDON SHIP DUDE!  MOVE!  Now.  

Jeez...I hope this didn't scare anyone.  ;)

S



8 comments:

  1. I am not afraid of too many spiders but that one and the black widow make me head for the hills. That thing has one very nasty bite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was fine until you mentioned Nancy Pelosi. oooowwwwww gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be sharing this post with Mrs. Chatterbox. She's terrified of spiders of all kinds. At the very least this guy should have his manager spray or fumigate the place. I know I'd be demanding it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My painter found some on my property outside my bedroom window. I did not need to see that image. We sprayed generously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We used to have black widows outside our back door in Phoenix but I don't think they ever entered the house. But brown recluse spiders? I'm with Stephen: spray heavily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goοԁ pοst! We will bе linking to this
    paгticulaгly greаt pοst on our ѕіte.
    Keep up the gгeat writіng.

    Heге is mу page :: same day loans
    My web site: same day loans

    ReplyDelete