Thursday, July 26, 2012

Rain, rain...NO! Please DON'T go away

I don't think I've ever seen such screwy weather.  Three-quarters of the country is experiencing drought conditions, while in parts of south/coastal Texas they've had flooding.  High winds are flattening the plains states, while much of Colorado and the southwest have burned up.  Ya think this is one of those "end of time" events?


For us in north Texas our weather has been pretty normal.  Of course it's miserably hot, but rains earlier in the year topped off our lakes, and I'm hopeful we can get through the rest of the year without any water shortages.  In fact, I looked out my apartment window a few minutes ago and saw this:



Normally we don't get these kinds of clouds build up until the heat of the afternoon.  Maybe the rains currently one county west will slide this way.  I'm ready for a rainy day.  I think much of the country is ready for a rainy day/week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw on the bidness news that Sandy Weill, the man who assembled all the parts that made Citi into the first megabank, now agrees with me that our big banks need to be broken up.  (He obviously reads my blog.  ;)  He says "our banking system has been hijacked", and that banks that take deposits should be separated from those that take huge speculative risks.  Amen Brother Sandy!  But since he probably doesn't have any Congressmen in his back pocket like the banks do, I don't think it will ever happen.  At least not until after the next worldwide economic catastrophe.  (Ahem....back to that "end of time" theme?)

S

4 comments:

  1. I was out watering our plants while there was thunder rumbling in the distance. It got a whole lot closer, but no rain. Sigh. We did have a nice gullywasher on Monday - but we could use a week of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sandy, Come over and read my Cranky Old MAn blog! Well never mind, I agree with Scott on most of his banking rants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I live in one of the few parts of the country that doesn't need rain. We've had the wettest July on record, but it's finally starting to warm up. Did you see those NASA pictures of Greenland. All that in only four days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summertime . . . and the stomach is queasy!

    ReplyDelete