Saturday, July 28, 2012

Oh, my achin' back...mystery solved!

I've had a pinched nerve in my upper back, left side and my upper left arm for a month.   A week ago I had an MRI done and now we know what the problem is:  I have herniated discs.  I'm relieved as now they know what to treat.  It's fairly common and can probably be treated with injections of steroids. Surgery is many options down the road, and I've been assured a waist-up amputation is not likely.  Whew!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Anyone watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony last night?  I was most impressed!  I was there a few years ago and fell in love with London and the other parts of Great Britain I was able to see on my too-brief visit, and the people we met were wonderful, too.  It was fun watching the tube and being able to identify landmarks I had visited. 

Wonder if they'll ever have the individual events on TV on an "On Demand" basis?  This morning they're showing a loooooooong bicycle race which I find rather boring, then they broke in and showed us the final point of a women's beach volleyball match.  WHAT?  The TV people need to review their priorities!  (Note:  the women were wearing bikinis.  I guess it was warm enough for them to not have to resort to their coverups. :)  I need to find out the Olympic TV coverage for today so I can arrange my outings around the more interesting events. 

Have a fun Saturday everyone.  


6 comments:

  1. Good luck with the steroids, but now you won't be eligible for the Olympics! Did not have that treatment when I had an issue.

    Olympic events "On Demand" Brilliant idea!

    Cheers
    cranky

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might try chiropractic (find a good one as there are mediocre practitioners just as in medecine) therapy before getting in too deep with the MDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or acupuncture, which I'm told works wonders. Don't know about herniated discs though. Anyway glad you found the source of your problem.

    I think nbc.com is streaming all of the Olympics events. You might check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was pleased the weather had improved enough in London to permit bikinis. Mrs. C. is anxiously awaiting the equestrian events. But tell me; how did they convince her Majesty to jump out of a helicopter? Brave old broad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve....Hey, if Daddy Bush Sr. can jump out of a plane on his 80th birthday, why not Da Queen? Besides, "Bond...James Bond" was there to break her fall if anything had gone terribly wrong.

    Bruce....Acupuncture might be an option. And I'll check nbc.com. Thanks.

    Ellen....Same with chiropractic, too.

    Joe....I know. And I was odds on fave to win (remote control channel) surfing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: your back, glad they found the cause of your pain. Knowing the enemy is half the battle!

    I watched the same bike race at my son's house. My son is a cyclist and knew a bunch of the people in that race, so that made it much more interesting.

    ReplyDelete