Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dateline: Hotter 'n Hell, Texas

It's really odd for me to see weather reports from YankeeLand (defined as any place north of the Texas/Oklahoma border...aka the Red River) where it's hotter than it is here in Hell...er...Texas.  We're expecting 104 today, but it will feel more like 110 the weatherguessers warn.  While many will be at the area lakes today trying to keep cool, I won't be one of them.  Lakes just seem dirty to me, plus fish poop in there!



This would be much more my style, except on weekends it seems to be overrun with little kiddlettes.  I'm guessing all the divorced dad's get their DNA for the weekend and park them here while they admire the stunning 'birds' lounging around, showing off their attractive plumage.

Before it gets too much hotter K and I are making a run to the farmer's market for some cantaloupe, watermelon, corn, and whatever else looks good.  Probably have a bite to eat out, too.  I'm also going to Lowe's for some wood filler, as my dog Luke all of a sudden seems to think he's part beaver:


This particular window sits right on the floor, perfect for him to sit and see the world outside.  Apparently he was too lazy to get up and walk to his dog bowl, and this was the result.

That's all for now.  I've got to burn up the roads and get back before the concrete melts.  Stay cool everyone.  

S


10 comments:

  1. What does 110 feel like? I know what 104 feels like, with the humidity it feels like 110, but whenever it is 104 in NJ it is always humid as hell, so 104 just feels like 104 to me. Isn't 104 freaking hot enough... do the experts always have to make it even worse? WHat about the wind, does the wind chill factor make it feel cooler, or since it is above body temperature does the wind make it feel even hotter?

    Don't get me started....keep cool my Lone Star friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lowandslow, my first comment. Just wanted to say, stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve....glad to have you visit. Please come back anytime and visit. I write some controversial stuff sometimes, and take no offense at anyone who disagrees, so don't be shy. :)

    S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree!

      jk

      Btw the sizzle comment was funny, it just kicked in. I'm a little slow.

      Delete
  4. Stay cool! Those are some dangerous temperatures.

    When I first arrived in the U.S. from cool, cloudy Germany, I lived in Lousiana for a year and experienced 114ºF three days in a row. Talk about a shock to the system!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when you and K moved into your new place and I imagined how much you'd enjoy that pool when the weather heated up. I guess that's now. When I was a kid I bit my nails and my parents bought this clear odorless stuff that I put on my fingers. It tasted terrible and broke me of this bad habit. Maybe something like this would work with Luke.

    ReplyDelete